- Brexit-fuelled nationalism is only one step removed from fascism. It has to be confronted. Now.
- Evidence mounts of irregularities in UK court procedures in Assange extradition case
- Six legal arguments show why the US extradition of Julian Assange should be denied
- How government-funded research helped turn Labour’s election hopes into a smear
- Anti-Corbyn fake news has just hit a new low. And it’s likely to get far worse.
- Once voters see through Johnson’s biggest lie yet, he’ll be history
- Over 60 doctors warn Julian Assange ‘could die in prison’, due to Tory contempt
- BBCQT hit a new low. One audience member has links to failed Tory smears against Corbyn.
- A secretive propaganda unit is manipulating our social media. But it’s not Russian.
- Four Russia-linked tycoons donated around £2.7m to Tories. Putin must be delighted.
- Arron Banks
- Barrett Brown
- Boris Johnson
- Cambridge Analytica
- Chelsea Manning
- Child sex abuse
- Conservative Party
- Consulting Association
- Donald Trump
- Economic League
- Edward Snowden
- EU referendum
- Jeremy Corbyn
- Julian Assange
- Manus Island
- Mark Kennedy
- Northern Ireland
- Papua New Guinea
- Snoopers Charter
- Theresa May
- Vote Leave
- war crimes
- Wilson Security
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: spycops
In August 2016, actor Ricky Tomlinson claimed that Special Branch police were involved in blacklisting him and other workers. The Canary has seen a previously unpublished report on such allegations. And its damning conclusions back up Tomlinson’s claim. The report … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Police admits that supervisors of former undercover police officer Mark Kennedy, who used the name Mark Stone, knew about his sexual abuse of women activists. But the Met refuses to disclose the names of those supervisors. However, The Canary has … Continue reading
A leaked undercover operations training manual reveals how US agencies were authorised to carry out entrapment and other illegal activities against people who immigrated to the United States. These included forming long-term sexual liaisons with targets. To read more, click … Continue reading
Liz Groom, Cambridgeshire Police Federation chair, tweeted her approval after the Lush shop in Peterborough took down its spycops display. But Groom failed to mention in her tweets that a previous representative of the same federation was spycop (undercover police officer), Andy Coles. … Continue reading
An undercover police officer allegedly befriended an elderly activist as cover for intelligence-gathering. She was partially blind and deaf. The ‘spycop’ went on to head Special Branch. To read more, click here.
As allegations broke in the Murdoch press that Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn was a Soviet collaborator, one man was ready and waiting in the wings to help keep the story at the top of the news agenda for as long … Continue reading
The cover names of three police officers who spied on political activists have just been revealed by an inquiry into undercover policing. The three officers infiltrated high-profile campaigns at a time of great public anger. Inquiry documents and secret intelligence … Continue reading
Andy Coles, a former undercover police officer – or ‘spycop’ – who spied on political activists, was exposed earlier this year after it was reported he formed a relationship with a teenage girl as part of his operations cover. He … Continue reading
Resignation of ‘spycop’ accused of sexually exploiting teenage girl raises questions of accountability
Andrew Wallace Jardine Coles resigned on Monday 15 May 2017 from the senior post of Deputy Police Commissioner for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, after his past was exposed by independent researchers. But that should not be the end of the story. … Continue reading
Challenge to political policing inquiry, as document confirms Irish police had ‘relationship’ with British ‘spycop’
The Canary has a copy of a letter that confirms the Garda (the Irish police service) had a “relationship” with British undercover police officer – or ‘spycop’ – Mark Kennedy. And the revelation increases pressure on the Pitchford inquiry into … Continue reading